Tuesday, March 10, 2009

In order to walk in the word and talk to God you must have a relationship with God. By that I mean a prayer life. You need a determination to apply the word to your life in order to see results. For the word of God is quick, and powerful; sharper than any two-edged sword, even to the dividing of joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.(Hebrew 4:12 KJV)

Praise the Lord! Do you know what that means! It means you can talk with God Almighty! Hallelujah, it means that a way has been provided for you to do so. All you have to do is apply the Word of God and put it inside of your heart. Memorise scripture a little here and a little there added with God helping you, you can absolutely become a powerhouse in the kingdom of God. A determined and ready made-up mind is the answer. Jump in with both feet because that is what Jesus did when He gave up His life so that you may live. The best part of it all is the fact that He hung naked on the cross that suspended Him between heaven and earth publicly bearing the shame of it all to save you the embarrassment of it on judgement day yourself.

The Devil never died for you, and I will let you in on a little revelation,(he is not going to either). So I declare to you this day that we need to stand up for Jesus with everything we have because it is not going to get better. I do not mean the economy, I mean standing up spiritually and immersed in the true power of God, because wickedness will increase. Have no fear though, we have many weapons at our disposal which needs to be exercised to match the day we are living in. Prayer is the most effective in conjunction with the Word of God itself. Learn to utilize the Word in prayer.

The scripture in the first paragraph should be what is called a prayer point. A prayer point is applying scripture to your prayers. For example: (Say this out loud so you can here with your own ears) Father, in the name of Jesus I declare to you that I will recognise the Word of God as a powerful weapon of war against the enemy of the kingdom of God. I will apply it to my own life and safeguard my heart from the Devils' kingdom. I will check my motives and question my own intentions so that I may be effective in the kingdom of your dear Son Jesus, Amen.

That is an example of a prayer point. It is not hard to pray, just know what to pray, in Jesus' name. BE BLESSED.

No comments:

Post a Comment